Trinity Episcopal Church GFS Awards
Each year, Trinity gives monetary awards to qualified members who are entering
an institution of higher education. These awards recognize attendance at and
service to Trinity Parish during the applicant's high school years.
To qualify for an award, these criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be high school seniors at the time of application, and
must be going on to an institution of higher education. Academic performance
of a C average or better is required. Applicants must provide a high school
- Applicants must be communicants at Trinity and must be regular in
- Service to Trinity during the applicant's high school years is of major
consideration. The applicant might have served as an acolyte, usher, Sunday
School teacher's assistant, nursery attendant, choir member, or in other ways.
The intention is for the applicant to have served Trinity on a more or less
regular basis, not just a one-time event.
- Applicants must write a brief letter describing their service to Trinity.
- The award would be based primarily upon the applicant's attendance and
service to Trinity. One successful applicant might attend church every week,
with little direct
service to the Parish, while another successful applicant may attend only
occasionally, but be very active on a specific service committee.
- The award for $500.00 will be made payable to the student upon receipt of
evidence indicating first semester enrollment, and will be issued at or before
the beginning of the semester.
Applications for the Trinity Episcopal Church GFS Award are available here in
- A Microsoft® Word version can
be filled out on your computer. You must have eiher Microsoft Word
or another program that can read Word documents installed on
your computer to use this version.
- A Portable Document Format
version can be printed and filled out by hand. If you cannot open this
version on your computer, you need a copy of
Adobe® Reader®. Follow the instructions on the
Newsletters page to get a free copy of
Applications are due May 1, 2013.
Adobe® and Adobe® Reader® are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems
Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.